As a leading digital marketing agency we receive a number of questions regarding Hotel Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Pay Per Click (PPC) and what can be done for the best paid ranking. When talking about SEM and PPC, it’s important not to get lost in all the information (and misinformation) out there. Our three-part blog series from Senior Analytics & PPC Manager, Gouri Karode shares the essential best practices for SEM and PPC in 2014 and beyond.
Part 1: Optimizing Your Site
A professionally designed website can increase conversion rates and bookings, ensure trust and credibility with your users who are potential guests. Website design and landing pages can play a part not just in search engine optimization (SEO), but in PPC as well.
Landing Page Optimization
Your landing page – the destination of the ad within your PPC campaign – is the first impression a potential guest gets of your hotel. The page should compliment your ad copy and clearly state information about your hotel using localized keywords.
Here are our top tips for optimizing your hotel’s landing page. These key steps can improve your Quality Score which can increase your ad position at a lower cost as well as help convert more site visitors.
9 Tips for Optimizing Your Hotel’s Landing Page
- Clear Call to Action: A strong and visible call to action such as “Book Now” and “Reserve Now” should be prominent.
- Important Info Above the Fold: Don’t make site visitors scroll for your content. Keep your call to action and key details above the fold.
- Minimal Navigation: Keep the user to from getting too distracted or spending unnecessary time searching for where to go.
- Fast Loading Times: One factor of the Google Adwords Quality Score is the load times of your pages. It should take less than 5 seconds.
- PPC Keywords in Copy: Users connect better to your ad copy.
- Simplified Contact Form: Ditch lengthy forms and collect only the information you truly require and need.
- No Clutter: Remove any unnecessary images, icons or extra information.
- Mobile Website: Ensure a seamless experience for your site visitors by making sure you have a mobile-friendly design.
- Website Translation: A great way to expand into new markets in order to increase revenue.
Visit our website to learn more about our SEM solutions for hotels. Send us an email to partner with Lodging Interactive to develop customized Search Engine Marketing and Pay Per Click strategies for your property.
Stay tuned for Part 2: Optimizing Your Adwords Strategy.