Lodging Interactive’s Senior Analytics & PPC Manager, Gouri Karode, is sharing the essential best practices for hotel search engine marketing in our Back to Basics three-part series.
Part 2: Optimizing Your Adwords Strategy.
As with any campaign, it is key to establish benchmarks and create goals in order to stay focused and to continue to refine your strategies.
As you are reading this, you are probably asking yourself, what is my end goal? What do I want to accomplish by running this campaign? Is it for branding purposes? Last minute vacancies? What are my property’s PPC strategies for converting website visitors to guests?
Once you answer these questions you can begin to define your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as CTR, impressions, click thrus to booking engine and booked revenue so you are ready to monitor, measure and test your results.
Creating a plan and setting goals is only the beginning of a paid search campaign. Once you’ve established clearly defined objectives you can get started by utilizing our tips for optimizing your adwords strategy.
Top Tips for Optimizing Your Adwords Strategy
- Target Right Audience: Opportunity to share your hotel packages and/or services with the right travelers when they are search for services like yours is the key for a successful PPC campaign.
- Budget Optimization: Allocate the bulk of your budget in response to the conversions you receive. Limited budget? No problem. Just spend the money you’re investing into PPC wisely by continuously refining the campaigns and customizing the account.
- Seasonality: Plan your hotel PPC budget accordingly based on peak demand months and slower months. During your slow months or seasons you can promote business by creating special offers and promotions which are then promoted through your ads.
- Deliver the Right PPC Ads: Have a strong call-to-action within your ad copy. If you are running a special or offering a discount make sure it is mentioned in the ad copy. Give people a reason to book at your hotel with the message of urgency like “Buy Now”, “Book Today”!
- Device Targeting & Bid Adjustments: Bid adjustments are used to increase or decrease bids for mobile devices, however, there is no way to increase or decrease bids for tablets. All ads running on all devices enhances your ads and is necessary with the rise in mobile use.
- Track Everything & Monitor Results: Measure your ROI in real time by defining and monitoring metrics that include, Cost per Click (CPC), Conversion Ratios (CTR), Return on Ad Spend (ROAS), Cost per Action (CPA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI), etc…
Don’t miss the final installment of Gouri’s series – Part 3: Stay Agile!