Summertime is when most people go on vacation and when most guests will be utilizing your services. Are you at the top of the search engines when they come looking for hotel rooms or are you buried on page 9 of Google and Bing’s search engine results? While there are several articles that address this issue, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 SEO tips hotels can implement today to increase their visibility in the search engines.
Top 5 SEO Tips for Hotels:
- Loading Time – You have taken the time to incorporate the most beautiful images of your hotel, along with breathtaking photos of your pool, rooms and landscape. The only problem is that it takes three minutes for the page to fully load. By then, site visitors have compared several prices of other hotels and are gone, never to return to your website.
- Content – When people talk about content, they usually refer to writing engaging information about the area for your website visitors. We are going to put a different spin on the same concept. When we talk about content we want to know:
– Are you an “official” hotel of a nearby attraction?
– Do you have the most beautiful wedding reception facilities in the area?
– Tell your site visitors what makes you “unique”. Why would we choose to stay with you over your competition?
- Back to Basics – Do your Titles & Descriptions make sense for your page content? Is the Title of your Page “Wedding Destinations” and the page content talking about the amenities in your hotel rooms? It may sound obvious, but you’d be surprised how many hotels mislead their site visitors with the wrong website information.
- Social Media – Do you have a Social Media Marketing Plan? Yes, you monitor reviews, but do you have a Social Media plan? How do you handle questions from guests on Social Media? Do you give prompt replies even when they don’t use your @handle? Incorporating a Social Media Plan to address these issues is HUGE to your SEO success.
- Link Building – What type of links are you building for your brand? Do other websites want to link to you because you have content they find important? Do you link to other websites yourself, or is your website more like “Hotel California” where your site visitors cannot leave?
If you implement these top 5 SEO tips, over time, you will see an increase in bookings and website traffic. Your site visitors will become more engaged or check your website more often. You should also see an increase of positive feedback, reviews & photo sharing if the above tips are implemented properly.