Hoteliers should not undervalue the impact of email marketing. Reach out and stay in touch with guests by launching a professional email newsletter campaign fully managed by the experts.
For years email marketing, has been a go-to means of reaching consumers for a number of industries, including hospitality and travel. As hoteliers plan for 2015, there is quantitative proof that not only is email marketing alive and well, but that sending hotel newsletters is a tried and true marketing tactic that should be an aspect of your property’s strategy.
Consider these statistics:
- The number of worldwide email accounts is projected to jump from over 3.9 billion accounts in 2013 to over 4.9 billion by the end of 2017 — that’s more than the total number of Facebook and Twitter users combined. (Source)
- According to ExactTarget’s Channel Preference Survey, more than 91% of consumers check their email at least daily. (Source)
- The same survey noted that 66% of consumers made a purchase as a result of an email they have received. (Source)
- Email is almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter. (Source)
- 8 out of 10 smartphone users send and receive emails from their devices. (Source)
Providing timely, scannable content to past, repeat and potential guests goes beyond keeping your website up to date. Email marketing, particularly the distribution of monthly newsletters aimed at sharing your property’s newest promotions, the latest goings-on in the local area and information about hotel special events, is an effective way to keep guests informed and interested.
“The key to being not just effective, but successful, is to share easily-digestible, timely content on a consistent basis packaged in a fresh, mobile-friendly design that contains clear, streamlined calls to action,” says DJ Vallauri, Founder and President of Lodging Interactive. “Achieving this, the professional look and message needed for a successful newsletter, requires expertise and time. Many hotels are tapped for both, which is why outsourcing your newsletter copywriting and design is an ideal solution.”
Lodging Interactive’s Email Newsletter Marketing offers properties a fully managed email marketing service. Experts design and write the email newsletters that hotels approve and then distribute them to the property’s mailing lists, which are also built and managed under the service. Newsletter marketing with Lodging Interactive also includes access to an analytics dashboard so that hoteliers can see the effectiveness of their campaigns 24/7.
Lodging Interactive’s eNewsletter Service Features:
- Email sign up widget placed on hotel’s website to build mailing list.
- Email list management of unsubscribes and de-duping.
- Uploading & cleansing of hotel’s existing email list.
- Creative design & development of the eNewsletter.
- All copy writing & editing services.
- Hotel’s approval of all eNewsletter drafts prior to sending.
- Distribution of the eNewsletter to email lists.
- 24/7/365 web based email performance reporting portal.
“Our complete eNewsletter service provides hoteliers with a solution to a problem many properties face — keeping up with their digital marketing initiatives and producing fresh, focused and planned content that past, present and prospective guests want to receive and read,” says Vallauri. “Lodging Interactive’s eNewsletter service take the burden off of the hotels by designing, curating and managing every step of your email marketing and providing comprehensive analytics so you know your audience is being reached.”
To learn more about adding email marketing to your property’s marketing strategy, please visit our website.