You took care of your backups, laid out a plan and redesigned your hotel website according to your objectives and what you had mapped out. That’s great! But before you launch your hotel website redesign, you will need to do some final checks of your updated site to ensure the transition to launch goes smoothly.
Hotel Website Redesign Pre-launch Checklist
You’ve taken care of the basics but some final checks before launch should include:
- Making sure all your tracking codes are up-to-date and working.
- Ensuring your AdWords and PPC campaigns are updated.
- Checking that 301 redirects are working.
- Verifying any email addresses connected with your site are working properly.
- Removing any robots.txt tags you might have temporarily used while in the development environment.
Your hotel’s pre-launch checking phase will ensure the minimal amount of hiccups when you actually launch your updated site. You want to avoid problems with CMS systems and be certain that you are not sending your guests and future guests to pages with broken links. In other words, avoiding pitfalls that will adversely affect your hotel SEO rankings or AdWords quality score.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1……Launch Time!
Your website is your biggest marketing and sales tool. So it would be well worth your while to spend the time rechecking all aspects of your updated website before it goes live. After all, your objective during a hotel website redesign is to avoid any downtime, cost over-runs and lost rankings – all while protecting traffic.
In our next and final installment of this series we will be discussing some post hotel website redesign checks.