With nearly two out of three people turning to Facebook to check out your property before booking, it is essential that your Facebook page and its increasingly important reviews are properly addressed.
In a recent G/O Digital study, the evidence is clear — people look to Facebook and Facebook reviews when evaluating whether to frequent a business or book a hotel.
Consider the study’s findings:
- 62% of people check Facebook over other social networks when looking for more information about a local business.
- 80% of consumers are more likely to visit a local business if they see positive reviews on their Facebook page.
- 41% say the most important factor of a local business’ page is seeing customer reviews.
The growing emphasis on Facebook reviews means the bar has been raised. Hoteliers cannot post content to their business page and continue to ignore reviews; or respond to Posts to Page comments, but not address those that have actually visited and shared their experiences at your property. Simply adding authentic, engaging content on your Facebook Business Page will quickly fall short of consumer’s expectations — responding to guest reviews on your page is a key facet of managing your online reputation.
Lodging Interactive, a leading social media and digital marketing agency exclusively serving the hotel industry, has long offered hoteliers a creative, completely personalized way to handle management responses to reviews on sites including TripAdvisor, Yelp, Expedia, Hotels.com as well as brand sites and Google reviews through the company’s CoMMingle Social Media division. This month, CoMMingle powered by Lodging Interactive launched Facebook Review Services — a management response solution for Facebook.
With CoMMingle’s new Facebook Review Service, hoteliers can:
- Respond to Your Guests – Foster engagement with guests who have stayed at your property and offered their feedback, not just page fans that commented on your latest post.
- Preempt Negative Reviews on TripAdvisor – Connect with your audience where they’re speaking out before they take issues or complaints to established review sites.
- Find Your Social Media Champions – Identify and nurture relationships with page contributors.
- Stay Ahead of Your Competitors – Responding to Facebook reviews is a new, proactive aspect of online customer service that many hotels aren’t addressing, yet.
“Providing Facebook Review Services to hotels is a natural extension of our business and something we’re extremely excited to launch,” said Lodging Interactive Founder and President, DJ Vallauri. “Not only does it complement our already robust suite of reputation management and social media solutions, it is a great resource for hoteliers to gain a competitive edge on Facebook, which could certainly give established review sites a run for their money down the road if they play their cards right.”
Responding to Facebook reviews is a necessary part of a property’s customer service as well as their social media presence. With Facebook and Facebook Reviews, you have a name and an avenue to a make connection with your guests, something other review sites and their anonymity do not offer.
“Managing your property’s reviews on Facebook is a new peg in the whole social ecosystem of your business,” says Rosella Virdo, CoMMingle Social Media Director. “It is bringing customer service, social engagement, content management and reputation management together under your social umbrella and it is essential to your business.”