SEO Expert, Mary Jo Caruso shares how you can use your email signature to drive traffic to your hotel website.
It’s not what you say, but how you say it that counts. Those words ring true especially in your emails. When you correspond with people via email, they not only get to read your words, but they get to see more information about you and your company through your email signature. Below are some ways your email signature can help (or hurt) your marketing efforts.
Why your email signature is important to your hotel marketing efforts
It is your “silent” salesperson. Your email signature tells the world:
- Who you are (Name)
- What brand you represent (Company Name & Logo)
- What your role is within the company (Job Title)
- How to contact you directly (Phone, Email, Postal Address)
- Where they can learn more about you and your services (website URL)
- What sets you apart from your competitors (Tagline)
It can also invite recipients to follow your hotel on social media and read your blog, so you also have:
- Social Media Information (Twitter & Facebook)
- Blog (link to your blog URL)
While you don’t want your signature file to be too long, you might want to add new marketing messages from time to time, depending on your brand. Below are some suggestions:
- Is your hotel ranked #1 in TripAdvisor?
- Did your hotel website win an award?
You’ve redesigned your hotel website, but did you redesign your email signature?
Usually, the purpose of redesigning your hotel website is to increase overall traffic and hotel bookings. You wouldn’t send people away from your new site, would you? If your email signature lists a website other than yours, that’s exactly what you are doing. You are losing valuable marketing collateral and an opportunity for prospective guests to learn that you have redesigned your website.
Email Signature Suggestions
- Create a standard signature for your team – avoid sending mixed marketing messages to your audience.
- The average email signature is between 4-7 lines. Make sure you don’t go over that length.
- Add marketing messages as appropriate – “#1 on TripAdvisor”, “Celebrating our 10th year”, etc.
- Include a disclaimer about your correspondence.
How to add your Email Signature to your Email Client
If it’s been awhile since you updated your email signature file, we have included links to the most popular email clients for you:
If you’d like to add images for your social media, we’ve included some for you.
Say “goodbye” to this missed marketing opportunity. Do not underestimate the importance of your “silent” salesperson. Make sure your email signature is updated today.
Need more tips on driving traffic to your site and engaging your audience? Contact us!