Social media can prove to be overwhelming to any business. Before you even start, here are some things that you will need to consider:
- Develop a social media marketing strategy for your hotel.
- Find competent personnel to create, develop and manage the multiple social media accounts for the best social impact.
- Find responsible personnel to engage interaction from your hotel on all the various social media sites.
- Develop tools to measure results.
With a recent report released last week by R2integrated, 65% of businesses surveyed did not see any measurable results using social media claiming it was because of the lack of valid metrics and data. What were the other 35% doing that made it successful?
They had a plan.
Of course having a plan without the personnel, time or resources to implement the plan or the tools to measure the results would render the whole effort useless. The "free" sites, inexpensive intern and inexperience in what works in social media for hotels and what does not, can end up costing a great deal with reputation, effort, time and effective results.
Define and develop your hotel's digital footprint on the right track, professionally, responsibility and effectively. Don't wander aimlessly. Your hotel's digital footprint is not something to be left to chance when it will linger on the web forever.
Plan your strategy, become part of the 35% of those who have made it a success.
Until next time,
CoMMingle Social Media Marketing Manager
Plan. Socialize. Engage. Measure.